Happy Monday, peeps!
It's Monday! That means it's time to grab a cup of coffee and a snack, sit back and do a little hopping on the author bog hop.
Before you journey to another blog, I thought I'd give you an update on what I've been up to as of late.
I've currently got two manuscripts on submission (Love In The Time Of Witches, and Cursing Athena), and am nervously, and might I add, impatiently awaiting news. Doesn't matter whether you're pubbed with a Big Six, or an E-press like me, waiting sucks regardless. I'm proud of both projects, but that doesn't mean I'm not scared to death. I want the editors to love my work as much as I do. Keep your fingers crossed for me, will ya?
A good friend and crit partner of mine just attended a workshop with Candace Havens and learned how to write a "fast draft." Basically, it's a Nano style of writing your first draft in about two weeks. Eeck! As I'm only a few chapters into the second novella in my new series, I totally jumped on board when she asked me if I wanted to give the fast draft thing a go.
I didn't manage the twenty pages I was required today, but I did meet the minimum of five. Not bad for my first time out. Hopefully I can breeze through some more today. I'm determined to get through this project in a timely manner. I have a new YA I want to focus all of my attention on during November.
Alrighty then! Enough about me. On to the hop!
Authors! Have a book out? Are you under contract for publication? Make sure you join in the hop. This is a great way to network your blog and let readers know who you are!
Here's how it works:
- Follow as many authors as you like. Just follow the Linky list and hop from author to author. The idea is to find as many "new to you" authors as you can, and hopefully some great new reading material as well. Leave a comment as you hop from blog to blog! We'd love to chat with you!
- Follow the Meet an author Monday host (Cali Cheer Mom) along with any of the wonderfully talented authors on the list.
- You will need to enter your name and blog url into the Linky tool.
- Grab our super cute button and place it in a post. (THIS IS IMPORTANT!) If you don't create a post for the hop, your readers won't have a place to comment, and the hop will stop with you. So create a post, paste in the Linky code and start hopping!
- The purpose of the hop is to meet "new to you" authors and discover great new reads. Follow as many authors as you can. Leave a comment and introduce yourself!
- If you'd like to share the Linky list in a post on your blog ( Please do!) just follow the link and grab the code.
Authors! The more you promote this hop, the more successful it will be. Tweet about it. Post a link on Facebook. Talk about it on your blogs. Let's get the word out!