Hey, peeps! Please join me in welcoming author Leia Shaw to my blog today!
1. Congratulations on the release of your latest work. Can you tell us a little bit about it?
Shadows of Destiny is a 3 book series (book four comes out in June) where the supernatural world is hidden among our modern day world as we know it. What you can expect from my books is an action packed adventure full of magic, bloodshed, dark tortured alpha males, strong smart women, and hot steamy romance. My books are primarily character stories - a man and a woman who overcome insurmountable odds and fall in love. But they do it with sword in hand, fighting ghoulish creatures and aren't afraid to get a little dirty.
2. What prompted you to write this particular story? Was there a special event, occurrence, song etc. that sparked an idea?
A dream started my first book in the series, Destiny Divided. I dreamt a sassy young woman with anger issues and mysterious powers gets found by a sorcerer who teaches her how to use them responsibly. From there, the story formed then my series took flight.
3. Which of your characters do you relate to the most, and why?
Sage, the heroine from my first book. I can’t relate to her childhood – she grew up in foster care and has been lonely most of her life. But I put a lot of my smart-ass personality into her. I don’t have as bad a temper though. She tries to kill the hero in the second chapter.
4. Did you have a character or scene that you struggled with? How were you able to push through?
Oh definitely. There are scenes in each book that can be hard to write. Normally it’s involving sex. Because I want it to be more than the physical acts, I want the reader to feel the sensations, the connection, the emotions both characters are feeling. It can be difficult.
5. If you were able to spend an evening with one of your characters, who would you choose, and why?
*Gasp* You mean I have to choose between my sexy heroes? Sacrilege! I guess I’d choose, Marcelo from my 2nd book, Destiny United. He’s the ultimate alpha male – a dangerous, sexy Spanish vampire who’s ultra romantic when he wants to be and ultra cutthroat when he needs to be. Mmm…
6. Do you have any writing quirks?
Nope. Just a locked door and my laptop and I’m good to go.
7. Favorite author?
Definitely Kresley Cole. She can do no wrong.
8. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Too many to count and too embarrassing to fess up to.
9. If your book were made into a movie, who would you like to see cast?
For Destiny Unchained, I’d pick Josh Holloway to play werewolf alpha Cristian. And Kate Beckinsale to play Natalia, a vampire assassin.
Find more information about the author and her works at the following places: